We are currently providing maternity hospitals with our
“Remembering …….. Memory Boxes”.
Féileacáin Memory Box
It may feel very hard to take in the reality of what has happened and to have any thoughts of what to do next. However, many parents have told us how important the memories are of the short time they have had with their baby, and that they have found it comforting to have reminders that they can look at and hold.
This “Remembering…” Memory Box is offered to you as a way to create some memories which you can then take home.
Included in each Memory Box:
- A Hand knitted blanket: This can be used to wrap your baby in, or to lay over them. You might choose for your baby to be buried or cremated with it or you may choose to keep it.
- Two Teddies: You might choose to take one home and the other to stay with your baby. Or before burial swap the teddies and give your child the teddy you kept close and then for you, to have the teddy your baby kept close to them.
- Keepsake Box: This small cream box can be used to store a lock of your baby’s hair (which can be placed within the small bag provided) their identification bracelet or any other small memento.
- Gift of Touch: The gift of touch provides a small jar of balm to care for your baby’s lips.
- Forever In Our Hearts Keepsake Folder: This folder is there to keep your baby’s details all in one place.
- Two Butterfly Poem Cards: The Féileacáin helpline number and website details are on the reverse of these cards – the size fits easily in a wallet or purse.
- Support For You leaflet pack: The support and services offered by Féileacáin are outlined in these leaflets. These leaflets also provide information on registration for your baby, financial entitlements and address many other questions which you may have.
- Finger /Foot printing kit: An inkless wipe for taking prints of your baby’s hand and footprints is provided along with details of how to use it.
- Candle: A little candle to light in remembrance of your baby.
- Notebook: A little notebook to write down any thoughts and feelings you might have. This notebook is useful for writing down any questions you might have. Other things you might like to keep include: a record of your baby’s weight and measurements, a scan picture, cards/ribbons from flowers, a foetal monitor tracing and a cot card.